Wednesday, October 2, 2013

can corn salsa?

No, this is not a food post.
Yesterday I went out to lunch with Diane B and after dropping her off back at the museum I was behind this truck on Key Highway.

Do you see it?

Look at the ear of corn.

Is it just me?





Okay.
Here, let me enlarge that for you:
It looks like that corn is dancing, right?
As soon as I stopped at the red light behind the truck I started laughing at how all the other produce was just sitting there, but the corn, oh the corn was gettin' down.
In fact, it took a few seconds to realize that those green arms and leg aren't actually supposed to BE arms and a leg, just artfully peeled husks.
You see it right?
I'm not nuts, right?
Right?
Okay, maybe I am projecting because I love corn and music, but I swear that ear of corn is doing a happy jig.
And why wouldn't it be happy?
I'm sure it is on its way to a party with great music, food and friends and lavishly decorated with balloons, streamers and corn-fetti.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only you, Niki, only you. Still, I gotta admit, it does look like that ear of corn is having way more fun than the lettuce and tomato. HAR!

DianeB

Rea said...

I totally saw the corn dancing--if you hadn't pointed out that it wasn't "Supposed" to be dancing....