Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Shopping Blues

When i was a 'tween i loved the mall. It was the mid 80's; my best friend and I would walk to the local mall and spend hours walking and talking and looking at stuff. When i was a teenager i was definitely a mall rat. My friends and I would hangout, try on clothes and spend all the money we had. I remember it being fun. What happened? I really don't like shopping anymore. Sure, the occasional antiquing is fun and i always enjoy office supply stores, but shopping for clothes and shoes just doesn't do it for me any more. I have a friend who would describe shopping as her hobby - she loves the thrill of the search and finding super discounts. Whatever. I love cute new clothes and shoes, but i want them to appear in my closet. I spent all morning shopping for cruise clothes and shoes. All morning. By the time i got to work i wanted someone to shot me in the head. I swear i tried on 75 pieces of clothing - at least. Blech. I have a clothing allowance so it wasn't even my money i was spending and it was still like sticking needles in my eyeballs. I am nearly done, though. I only need dress shoes, a wrap to go with my little black dress and sunglasses. So close to the agony of shopping ending and the fun of wearing new clothes beginning. I need a personal shopper - someone with a lot of time, great taste and the exact same hips and breasts as me so she can try all of the clothes on for me. Any volunteers?

2 comments:

Rea said...

I could do it...except for the 3 foot difference in height...and 400 miles between us....

Niki said...

why must you exaggerate? I believe you are only 2.5 feet taller than me, missy.