Saturday, February 23, 2013

I am not wired to be alone so much

The upside of being self-employed is that the alarm rings at 7:45 instead of 5:30 and i can go to work in my pajammies.
The downside of being self-employed is that i work at home, by myself.
I am a people person; i like meeting new people and having conversations where the other person talks back. Simie Bear is a fabulous Vice President, but not much of a conversationalist.
Therefore, i have become the new papercraft instructor at the Ellicott City Michael's. Today is my orientation day. The last time i walked into a place where i knew no one to start a new job was... hmmmmmmmm... April or May 1995 (i don't exactly remember) at Lechter's (a kitchen and housewares store) in the Owings Mill Mall.
Super excited.
New people. New challenges.
Scared in a good way.
Stay tuned for class times and descriptions.


3 comments:

Melanie said...

Awesome! Congrats on the new job and I hope it's wonderful for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Niki, this sounds like the *perfect* job for you. I hope orientation went well. Can't wait to read about it.

DianeB

Anonymous said...

That sounds fun! I'd take that class if I were closer :-)
Sheryl