Friday, April 21, 2017

so fun to say

Shuttlecock.
Shuttlecock.
Say it out loud people, shuttlecock.
That is a super fun word to say.
Shuttlecock.
Shuttlecock.

And why do i have badminton on the brain?



And not just any badminton birdie, my friends.
This beauty at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, MI is 18 ft tall and FANTASTIC.







Installed in the mid-90's by Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, it is one of three shuttlecocks strewn about the grounds making it look like giants were playing a game of badminton with the museum as the net.
BF Suzanne and I visited KC last November and this was the Number One thing on my to-do list.
It did not disappoint. 
You can totally go stand inside of it for pictures.
Totally.
though you might not want to put your foot up on the priceless art, as a nice security guard reminded me 
Giant shuttlecock.
Like a set piece from my dreams.
Thanks, Kansas City!

No comments: