Wednesday, September 29, 2010

you're ugly, you smell and i want you dead

STINKBUGS! uuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!! Stupid freaking stinkbugs. It's not bad enough that they are spreading like a pestilence through corn fields? It's not bad enough that smell gross unless you kill them and then they smell worse? NOW they have to be conspiring to get into my house? I found several in between the screen and the first pane of my ancient windows. They hadn't made it into the bedroom yet, but two were just sitting in my living room. Mocking me. Taunting me. Being generally smelly. I don't have an aversion to most insect or other crawly, scabby or slimy things, but these guys freak me the heck out. Maybe it is because last weekend i went to take a sip of my Diet Dr Pepper and ended up with a stinkbug IN MY MOUTH instead. DDP was spit all over the wall and the hardwood floors and I could feel a split second of wriggling and the taste, the taste, the taste. If you think they smell bad, you can not even imagine the taste. No wonder these stupid things don't have any natural predators. BLECH!

3 comments:

Kaaren said...

Wow. I think I'll keep my Florida love bugs. We're on our bi-annual (March & September) love bug infestation. They're annoying but at least they don't smell or look so creepy!

Anonymous said...

We have 'em in Jersey too. :( Oh, and apparently they lay their eggs in window frames so I'd highly recommend some bug spray of some sort before the next stink bug season.

Douglas said...

Well, as horrible as that is, ask Cyndi Lauper about the time a bird pooped in her mouth during a concert in MA.