Thursday, January 18, 2018

no time to be bored

Our new Glimpse into the Commonplace book is a quote about boredom from a fine mystery novel i read last week recommended to me by my BFF, The Lake  House by Kate Morton.
I find that there is too much to do, too much to see and too many naps to be had in the Nikiverse for boredom to take hold for long. Sure, there are times when my thoughts wander in an endless loop, but luckily there is always something sparkly or odd about to catch mt attention.
Boredom, as her mother had always told them, was a state to be pitied, the province of the witless.
LOVE this picture. It is SOOC of an approaching rainstorm from last summer - look at how the fluffy white clouds seems to be battling the encroaching dark one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!! No boredom here!!!
I can’t actually imagine you board. I think the earth would lose its gravitational pull before that....

Rea said...

I LOVE that book...I was actually listening to that part shortly before I read this. No rest for the wicked...no boredom for the Niki!