Monday, January 29, 2018

oh how i love goals!

I do love a good to-do list or resolutions or goal plans.
 The focus of having on paper exactly what needs to be done.
The joy of crossing something off of the list.
Ahhhhhhh...fantastic.

     The 1001 Goals in 101 Days ran from January 1, 2015 to September 27, 2017.
It was the first time that i attempted something so long range and found that though it allowed a freedom to explore a huge diversity of projects, it allowed too much time for a procrastinator like me.
Deadlines motivate me.
Pressure pushes me to achieve.
Knowing that i had years to accomplish something left way too much allowance for me to do nothing.
I am proud of how much i was able to accomplish, especially with my dad dying at the beginning of the challenge and my apartment being in disrepair or construction for 17 months of the challenge, but did not do nearly as good as i would have liked.
To see the final numbers on the 101, go to its page here.

      Rea started her third 101 on January 1, 2018 and wanted to know if i was gonna play along this time. After much internal debate i decided to do a Halfy; that is, 51 Goals in 501 Days. The shortened time period will be better for my personality, but having almost a year and a half still allows for some big and/or long term goals.  I chose to start it on January 15, 2018 so that it will run until May 31, 2019.
Just like the 101, the 501 has its own page in the Nikiverse that you can access from the sidebar or click here
The plan is to update it weekly so check back often.
If you are interested in doing your own 101, a Halfy or any goal system and want some support and/or accountability, OR if you want to follow everyone's progress OR if you are a good cheerleader, feel free to join out FB group here.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Good luck!!! That is quite a list!

Rea said...

You CAN DO IT! These are great goals!