Friday, May 11, 2007

High Holy Day of the Nikiverse

Generally I strive to put other people's needs above mine. I try to be kind, thoughtful, and (as much as possible) selfless. Except today. May 11th is the High Holy Day of the Nikiverse, a day without shame, it is my birthday. Today is the only day of the year where i consciously allow myself to do whatever i want (within reason) and have whatever i want (within reason).
I mean, you know you have no shame when you blog about your OWN birthday! I have always loved my birthday. Somehow i even managed to be in the office to day so there is cake and presents and delightful nonsense. Lauren made the awesome cake with a Reese's Big Cup on it. Wendy brought me snacks, a candy mug, balloon and even a beautiful violet. There have been hilarious cards (including one that glows in the dark) and e-mails. Rob turned up with this awesome birthday cake balloon creation. I was cooing and squealing with delight when he said, "wait, there's more" and plopped it on my head: OH YEAH - IT'S A HAT, PEOPLE, A HAT SHAPED LIKE A PINK BIRTHDAY CAKE WITH A PURPLE CANDLE MADE OUT OF BALLOONS! Man i love my birthday. Thanks to all my well-wishers. There will be cake in the office at 4:00 and cake at my house at 9:00pm - come have some!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think at this point you're so old you have solid blood!

-Frack

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Niki!!! Looks like a fabulous celebration!!

Rea said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
TO YOU, TO YOU, TO YOU! OLE!

Smooches! Rea

Kaaren said...

Uh! David did not tell me. Loser.

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS, NIKI!!