Friday, May 11, 2007

High Holy Day of the Nikiverse

Generally I strive to put other people's needs above mine. I try to be kind, thoughtful, and (as much as possible) selfless. Except today. May 11th is the High Holy Day of the Nikiverse, a day without shame, it is my birthday. Today is the only day of the year where i consciously allow myself to do whatever i want (within reason) and have whatever i want (within reason).
I mean, you know you have no shame when you blog about your OWN birthday! I have always loved my birthday. Somehow i even managed to be in the office to day so there is cake and presents and delightful nonsense. Lauren made the awesome cake with a Reese's Big Cup on it. Wendy brought me snacks, a candy mug, balloon and even a beautiful violet. There have been hilarious cards (including one that glows in the dark) and e-mails. Rob turned up with this awesome birthday cake balloon creation. I was cooing and squealing with delight when he said, "wait, there's more" and plopped it on my head: OH YEAH - IT'S A HAT, PEOPLE, A HAT SHAPED LIKE A PINK BIRTHDAY CAKE WITH A PURPLE CANDLE MADE OUT OF BALLOONS! Man i love my birthday. Thanks to all my well-wishers. There will be cake in the office at 4:00 and cake at my house at 9:00pm - come have some!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think at this point you're so old you have solid blood!

-Frack

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Niki!!! Looks like a fabulous celebration!!

Rea said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
TO YOU, TO YOU, TO YOU! OLE!

Smooches! Rea