Tuesday, February 14, 2012

life-hungry stupidity

One of my all time favorite books is Life of Pi by Yann Martel; I read it a few years after it was a best-seller, after all of the hub-bub about it had died down. It is a fabulous tale of faith and survival and tigers. I love it; you should read it if you haven't.
Today i have been pondering existence, survival. Yes, that is a bit deep for the keeper of the sparkle ponies, but we all have our thoughtful sides sometimes. I like Pi's take on it, in this week's quote:
Some of us give up in life with only a resigned sigh. Others fight a little, then lose hope. Still others - and I am one of those - never give up. We fight and fight and fight. We fight no matter the cost of the battle, the loses we take, the improbability of success. We fight to the very end. It's not a question of courage. It's something constitutional, an inability to let go. It may be nothing more than life-hungry stupidity.

No comments: