Thursday, August 22, 2013

using the emotion instead of drowinig in it

I saw an interesting quote on Twitter yesterday by C. Joybell C.
Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it.

huh.
I've spent a goodly portion of the last year afraid:
What am I going to do?
Am I making the right decision?
What if I run out of money?
What if I wait too long and can't find a job?
What if no one likes my work?
What if people laugh?
Should I expand?
Should I show my art?
Should I find a physical location?
Am I nuts?
And on and on and on.
Quite a bit of the time I can deal with the fears one by one and slay them with truth, but sometimes they gang up on me. I suppose that everyone has those moments of fear and doubt when they wonder about the validity of their choices and the worth of their life, it just all feels so different to me since I used to be so sure about those things.
Which is why I love, love, love this quote.
If none of my decisions mattered there would be no fear.
 But they do matter.
And this adventure that i'm on -though terrifying- is worth it.
It really is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen sister
but to survive you only have to get up 1 more time than you get knocked down...
look at me

Rea said...

You can DO it! No matter what, I've got yer back.