Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pick a Card

Over at Scrap a Latte, Kelly posted a card-making challenge. WhooHoo! Very conveniently timed, I would say, since I sent another submission set of 6 cards off to The Stamper's Sampler today, on the theme "Odds and Ends" - using leftovers from other projects. I did one with leftover altered book pages, one with a torn scrap background, one where i used edge strips to make a quilt block (log cabin pattern, in case you care, and i know some of you just might), one with 2 types of homemade paper, one where i made a star embellishment from square confetti, and one with paper weaving: I think the book paper one is my favorite. I especially love the little loopy flower that i made from some leftover creme fiber, a piece of black string and a mini-button; i think it came out better than i expected. Send someone you love a card today, homemade or not. (and thanks to Kaaren for sending me a HOT card - i love mail!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Niki, the flower one is my fav too. These are all cool, and unique. Thanks for playing along - you Rock!

Jean

Anonymous said...

Wow - Great cards Niki, I'm digging the flower also. You must show us how to do that at the next crop. Good luck on your submission, can't wait to see it in the magazine!

Kathy

Scrap A Latte Girls said...

Niki, I'm so glad you did my challenge...I somehow feel validated! And thanks for the mention of our lil blog here...Kathy returned the favor!
Hope to see you next month at Anne's crop!

Kelly