Friday, July 27, 2007

YIPPEE!

If you recall, back in March i posted about submitting some cards to the Stampers' Sampler on the theme of using stencils. It was the first time i had ever tried to make something specifically for a submission. The new issue should have hit the stands sometime this week, so i kept waiting and waiting and waiting for a notice about my submissions. Nothing. Finally i gave up waiting and went to look at Borders for it. There, on page 59, is one of my cards! I am super excited because getting published in this magazine is the next step i had planned for myself in the journey toward my ultimate goal - getting published in Somerset Studios. Here is the picture from the original post They published the one i thought they would - the rust-colored gate-folded birthday card with the lady's face and the vintage button closure (lower left-hand corner). It was the last card i made in this batch and i specifically did it in a color palette i know the editors currently like. I was right. Personally, i would have gone with the blue Bon Voyage card (center on the right) cause it has real sand, shells and a shark's tooth on it, but i'm not the editor, huh? Thanks to everyone who has been encouraging me.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Excellent! Congratulations! Thise look great. Keep on keepin on, as they say.

mkb

Melanie said...

Way to go, Niki!!! That's fantastic! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Well I just decided to check out what was happening in Nikiverse and what do I find but that you are now a superstar! Girl, You have always been a superstar in my book. So glad that you were officially acknowledged for it. LOVE the cards! Way to go!!!!
Anne

Kaaren said...

Terrific!