Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Heart Freecycle

Have you used Freecycle? Man, i love it! As always, i am late to the game, only joining a few weeks ago. For those of you who don't know, on the Freecycle Network you enter your location and they hook you up with a local Freecycle group. The members post messages about things they want to get rid of or things they want to find. You reply by e-mail and get free stuff or get rid of your stuff. Did i mention the FREE part. You aren't supposed to barter, bargain or trade - just give stuff away. It is so wonderful. I don't have air conditioning and my floor fan died one night. Two days later someone on Freecycle posted about a box fan she didn't need any more. I went to pick it up and Voila, no more heat exhaustion. I got some books over the weekend and i'm waiting to hear back about some sari fabric. I can't wait to have some time to go through my stuff and foist it off on someone else - i mean, find a new loving home for it. The idea of just giving away your stuff to someone who wants it is very appealing to me. Plus, i enjoy the FREE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl - you are so late to the game - been doing that for years. I just yesterday picked up some stuff and got rid of some stuff. Also check out paperback book swap for books. Oh and since your late to the game - someone invented mobile phones - they sure are handy!!