Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Walk to Emmaus

...and we're back. I got home Sunday night, but was still too tired yesterday to blog. Anyone who knows me reeaallly well knows that i am a woman of deep faith, but don't be shocked if this is news to you. I'm neither embarrassed by my faith or afraid to talk about it - i'm just private. In fact, God might be the only thing in my life that i do quietly. Layers, people, layers. [SHREK : Layers! Onions have layers. Ogres have layers! Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers. DONKEY : Oh, you both have layers. Oh. You know, not everybody likes onions. Cake! Everybody loves cakes! Cakes have layers. ... You know what else everybody likes? Parfaits. Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no parfait"? Parfaits are delicious.] I spent this weekend on a spiritual retreat : 72 hours of learning, reflection and cleansing. In my busy life I rarely get a chance to just STOP, which is what i did this weekend. It was draining, but fulfilling, rejuvenating, but exhausting. There was even a night spent in silence. (can you even imagine me silent?!?) I had a good time and am very glad that i went. Plus i got spend the entire weekend at the Brethren Retreat Center with this view: Thanks to Erin and her mom, Ginny, who sponsored me. Thanks to all of you who sent love letters to me - it was overwhelming and affecting. Thanks to Rickki and my mom for contacting so many people. Thanks to God for the whole experience.

No comments: