Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tight Squeeze

Today we did a special program for a festival of young astronomers. Normally i'd never agree to a Starlab on a Saturday, but i thought it was a worthwhile endeavor so i said yes. The four shows went great. The site, however, was special - they put us in a classroom. Ever seen a portable planetarium? It's big. We normally perform in the gym. Today we shoehorned it into a classroom : Doesn't that look cozy? Alarming doesn't really quite capture the reality of me seeing this room or AJ trying to position the Starlab as it inflated.

4 comments:

Kaaren said...

Do they walk INSIDE it?

Stacey P said...

I'm thinking there was a fire code violation....

Anonymous said...

The claustrophobia I feel just looking at that picture is making me dizzy......I think I would have had to break into the gym to set that puppy up!

Anonymous said...

Looking at the photo, it looks like the top of the dome inflated enough to not flatten and distort the stars, at least.

-Frack