Sunday, July 19, 2009

it might be love

Sometimes even after you've passed the point where you think your personality is set you can suddenly change. It happens without warning. Transformation. Revolution. This weekend i found myself experiencing feelings, longings i didn't recognize. I've begun a wild, torrid affair - with a squash. I don't know how it happened. I've never really been a vegetable person. I like meat. A lot. But somehow i was craving zucchini and then suddenly (as you read yesterday) they were there. On Friday i made zucchini bread actually it is a recipe called zucchini appetizers from my childhood. The consistency was a bit off as i tried to halve the recipe due to my tiny oven, but it was still delicious. I ate it for dinner and then breakfast the next day. Saturday i worked a PTA convention (even more fun than it sounds) and i couldn't get the thought of zucchini casserole out of my head. Really, i was daydreaming about a vegetable. The problem is that i didn't want to mess with my mom's recipe, but it called for a 9X13 pan and we all know my lasagna pan will not fit in my joke of an oven. Or will it? I was so fevered to have the zucchini i played with the racks and the pan and found a way to make it fit! Victory! This morning i realized there was less than half of a zucchini left in the fridge and i wanted to save the rest of the casserole for dinner tonite. The only logical course of action was to make sauteed zucchini tacos for breakfast. I ate vegetables for breakfast, people. What is going on here? As i type this i am thinking about the leftovers in the fridge, waiting for me. Is 4:00 too early for dinner?

No comments: