Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Procrastination

What is the deal with me and deadlines? I work really well when i am up against a deadline and the pressure is intense. I thrive on pressure. In fact, if i don't have a hard, fast deadline i tend to do nothing at all. For instance, it is 7:30pm and i am still sitting at my desk at work. Now, i am not working; in fact, i punched out 1.5 hours ago, yet still i am sitting here. There is laundry, shopping, correspondence and a complete Etsy shop overhaul waiting for me at home, but i am not moving. Instead, i am procrastinating by writing a blog post about procrastination - how's that for circular? Over the weekend i had a few projects i wanted to attend to; know what i did instead? Cleaned out my toolbox I'm not saying it was a waste of time, cause frankly it was a rat's-nest-mess, but i'm not sure it needed to be done right that second. I always find a way to be productive, but sometimes it is not on what is on the top of my To Do List. Or even at the bottom of the To Do List. who cleans out their toolbox, for Mike's sake? How do i cut down on the procrastination? How can i be more pointedly productive without seriously upping my stress level? I think i'll ponder that question while rearranging my DVDs...

No comments: