Thursday, February 24, 2011

apt

Sooooooooo, about this week's quote...
 It is no secret that i hate February with a burning passion of despisement.
But this year i am finally so healthy and happy and energized that i didn't even give it a thought when the calendar turned. It is honestly amazing what a working (or seriously augmented by synthetics) endocrine system can do for a girl.
But February, oh February, you just couldn't leave well enough alone, could you?
In the span of 15 minutes last night i found out that 2 members of my team had been laid off and my mom has had a stroke.
Dang it, February; it was the 23rd.
I only needed to make it through 5 more days to report the first drama-free February in remembered history.
5 days!
Anyhoo, there have been several meetings to get work figured out and it will be okay in the long run; my biggest concern is that the 2 fTMs will be alright. I've talked to my mom. It seems like it was a minor stroke that has affected one side of the body, but not her speech centers. She's home, walking and talking.
However, the Nikiverse will go dark for a bit (i'm thinking a week mayhaps) so i can get things straightened out.
Be well and remember, only 81 more hours in Crapuary.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Feb. is the WORST. So sorry about your mom. I hope she recovers soon.

Melanie said...

Ugh, so sorry to hear about the bad news. Best wishes to your mom and the team members. We'll be thinking of you!

Rea said...

Apparently the knocking on wood the other night didn't take! Sorry about your team. Praying for Mom.

Anonymous said...

No flight schedule ??? Dad

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your mom-good to know that she is home and doing better!

My grandmother used to hate January and February just because of all the doom and gloom that went on-weather, deaths in the family, illnesses, etc. We could add March to that list too however with a certain little boy's arrival, March ain't that bad!

Anonymous said...

Niki,

So sorry to hear about all of this! Please especially give my best to your Mom - and remember to take care of yourself too. I am praying, and if there is anything else I can do, please let me know. Love you!

Colleen