Monday, February 7, 2011

where's my duck?

I feel like 2009 was the Year of Living Gently and 2010 was the Year of Barely Living at All, so i want 2011 to be the Year of Taking Chances.
Personally, professionally and artistically i have reached a crossroads where opportunities abound.
I want to make changes and take risks.
There are so many possibilities that i wake up every day excited.
But conversely, sometimes i am riddled with doubt and concern.
What if i leave my comfy status quo and fail miserably?
What if the new paradigms are crappy?
 What if? What if? What if?
This week's quote is from The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket
Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck.
Change is good and necessary, but it can be scary. Acknowledging that terror makes me feel better about forging ahead.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

This post is very inspiring to me, becasue I too have a lot of changes ahead of me. So thank you.

I read those "Series of Unfortunate Events" books years ago...they were so dark.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you'll be attempting the LN2-ping pong ball demo?

-Frack