Thursday, March 10, 2011

How often do you even think about your pancreas?

As i have mentioned before I have not one, but two friends whose mothers are battling pancreatic cancer at the same time.
In one way or another both Cass and Ginny have played mother to me over the past few years since my own mommy is 1000 miles away.
In honor of their brave battles, this month's charity in the Nikiverse will be the Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center at Johns Hopkins, here in Baltimore. For information about general donations by check go here and for credit card donations go here; there is a way to indicate that the donation is for the Pancreatic Research Center either way. Here's hoping my $15 can make a difference and best wishes to these awesome ladies:
 
Cass and Kate with Dashiell; Ginny and Erin

3 comments:

Mark said...

I never leave home without mine.

Erin said...

Thanks Nik, this means so much!

Melanie said...

Beautiful pictures!! Best wishes to them both.