Thursday, July 21, 2011
what IS this building?
- completely isolated on the side of a state route outside of a small town
- quaint white clapboard and double dormers
- adorable green trim and shutters with moon cutouts
- double door entrance
- mini rose bushes
- old stone grinding wheel by the walk
- big wooden cutout of an anvil
- gigantic knife hanging over the entrance
- no identifying signs
-no signs of life
I can only figure 3 possibilities: a) blacksmith shop that is closed for renovations, b) clubhouse for knife aficionados or, c) fairytale home of the woodsman/ woodcutter that always shows up at the last minute to save the day.