Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Seriously Off-Task

One thing I don't like about my job is when I have to do paperwork. It is hard for me to stay at my desk and stay focused on icky minutia. It's boring, but necessary. To help I often wear headphones so no one talks to me. On really tough days i have a tiara i wear to help me through the at-my-desk-how-can-anyone-do-this-everyday blues. People know how hard it is for me to endure days in-house. They are supposed to HELP me stay on-task. The phone rings; it's Erin, who sits on the other side of the office, "I'm building a sandcastle," CLICK. How could i possibly keep working? There are definite drawbacks to working in a place that has a gift shop, where you get 30% off everything and can do it as a payroll deduction. She did this lovely beach scene and we ceremonially launched the S.S. Love N Butter.
And I hafta go back to writing schedules now???
BTW, Erin gave up and went home 30 minutes ago. Way to blow my focus and then run.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm planning my next sandcastle extravaganza....but maybe 20 hours later at the science center might change my mind...yawn....