Sunday, June 1, 2008

Little bit of breakfast, Little bit of lunch

Last week was so busy with the team (including me) hacking up our lungs with some communal croup, getting next year's budget prepared and turned in, and finishing school programming that i haven't had a chance to tell you about my lovely Memorial Day. I went to spend the day with the fabulous Colleen in Virginia. For my birthday (yes, we were still with in the tasteful 3 week window) she took me out to Whitlow's on Wilson for my favorite meal - brunch! Whitlow's always has a brunch buffet on Saturday and Sunday and they had it on Memorial Day from 9am-3pm. Needless to say, the place was packed. The atmosphere is casual and fun; the selection is vast and yummy. [note : the buffet is NOT accessible, so if you are wheeled make sure you take someone who will happily trot back and forth getting your food and hers, blithely ignoring the looks of people who think she must be the biggest glutton on the planet] Isn't she adorable, folks? It just occurred to me that almost all of my pictures of Collen involve museums and/or food. Who doesn't love brunch? You can have a little bit of breakfast and a little bit of lunch. On a brunch plate fried chicken can say "How dee do?" to a sausage link, macaroni and cheese can whisper gleefully to biscuits and gravy about artery-clogging adventures and perfect red strawberries can span the breakfast/lunch divide by declaring that at least something here is healthy. mmmmmmmmmm... brunch Next time i'm trying the Bloody Mary bar!

No comments: