Friday, June 13, 2008

Something for everyone

I have collected a lot of things in my life: thimbles, squirrels, Trivial Pursuit games, unicorns, stuffed animals, crazy ex-boyfriends, candlesticks, colored glass, vintage barware, war wounds, Beenie Babies, patterned paper, Duran Duran paraphernalia (you know i have the board game, right?), fun socks and lame excuses.
Everyone collects something. And it seems that there is someone to collect everything. Today i went to Mary L Martin Ltd, the World's Largest Post Card Store. Really. It exists. Check the link. Still don't believe me? Why do you doubt me? Would i make these things up? Team member Felicia told me that this place existed a few months ago and I've been meaning to go. Since i discover an old postcard album at The House i figured today was as good of a day as any. There were a lot of postcards there. A lot. I didn't even know that there was a huge market for old post cards, but there is. A nice older man named Bill bought the book from me. And told me quite a bit about post card collecting. [And that i had pretty eyes. teehee] But sadly, no post card of the post card store, which is what i really wanted.

No comments: