Monday, November 16, 2009

Life altering crepe

Of course i knew savory crepes existed, i'd just never tried one.
I like my crepes full of sweet cream and on fire.
Saturday night my friend Ron and I went to La Madeleine to celebrate his birthday.
It is a little chain (Texas, Louisiana, Georgia and here) cafe that does provincial French-inspired food.
I decided i wanted to try something different so i ordered the Beef Crepe Maison.
Sacre bleu! 
I think I am in love.
I am pretty sure that i announced that i wanted to do something completely inappropriate with that crepe during dinner. I can't stop thinking about it: beef, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, and broccoli in a cheddar cheese sauce in, on and around a perfectly cooked crepe.
 I want one right now.
Paired with a petite spinach and strawberry salad it was magnificent.
You must try this.
Go now.

No comments: