Friday, June 11, 2010

impulsive much?

I just dropped my piece for the exhibition off at the gallery on my way home from the gym (great first impression on the organizers, Nik; you're brilliant. oh, and you smell).
I don't know if it is because i was fatigued from my workout or because i was overwhelmed by all of the art around me or because of the adrenaline rush of handing the piece over or simply because i am an idiot, but i suddenly found myself agreeing to bringing another assemblage piece to the gallery later.
 So i am now showing two pieces at the exhibition.
And much like the Richter scale i am now exponentially more excited and terrified.
I was already bringing cards to sell, but i noticed that other artists had smaller works for sale this weekend as well. I wonder if there is time today around sushi buffet lunch and trivia tonight to finish some pieces i am working on and have them dry by tomorrow...
hmmmmmmmmmm...

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Go for it! That's awesome -- wish we could come!

Rea said...

And you say I take on too much!!

Douglas said...

Sushi, trivia, art, anything is possible in the Nikiverse:)

Mike said...

I hope you post some pictures of your exhibit for those of us who can't be there.

Also, I hope your cards stay affordable after this! Maybe we should have saved a couple from our last purchase.

Mike