Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions

If life were graded I'd probably have about a 2.0 GPA for last year's resolutions:  
1. Regain productivity levels without sacrificing health 
2. Establish consistency throughout my life 
3. Do at least one new thing a month 
4. Make volunteering a priority
Let's see... #1 was going well until my health went kablooey, but it wasn't my fault so i'd call it a B; #2 was sometimes really good, but sometimes not so good, so -as Rea said- i was inconsistent with my consistency so we'll call that a C minus; i rocked out #3, nailing it more than once every month so that's an A plus; but, #4 was a massive failure with a giant F.
Like i said, about a C average. Not as good as i'd like, but probably better than a lot of people.
Having a wicked cold for the last 2 days has given me plenty of time to lay on my loveseat watching Scooby-Doo and mull over this year's goals. There is always a method to my resolution making madness. Anytime i completely bone a resolution it automatically goes on the next year's list. I like to keep working on improving a few of last year's resolutions, but with newly defined parameters. I like to add at least one completely different thing and i like at least one resolution to be quantifiable.
So here they are:
Niki's Resolutions for 2011
1. Make volunteering a priority
2. Be pro-active, but patient about my health
3. Establish and invigorate new and old relationships
4. Write in my journal at least once a week

No comments: