Monday, January 17, 2011

When did that happen?

Odd things happen to all of us on our way through life without our noticing for a time that they have happened. - J.M. Barrie
This week's quote from Peter Pan captures that moment when it suddenly occurs to you that you haven't necessarily been noticing what's going on around you.
Sometimes it is a good surprise, a blossoming friendship or that your hair has finally grown out of that hideous cut you thought was a good idea.
Sometimes it is not so good, like relationships that have drifted apart or a check engine light that you've ignored for too long.
And sometimes, sometimes it is just weird things that pop up right at the edge of your vision that take a while to register.
As i finish writing my New Year's cards -in the mail tomorrow; maybe- i am trying to take thoughtful stock of my life, finally see those pieces that have gone unnoticed for too long and devise appropriate action, if necessary.
 I love the new start of the beginning of the year.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

You choose the best quotes!

Douglas said...

Are u sure that's from Peter Pan cause' I have the Platinum Disney DVD set and it's not on there and everyone knows that Disney can do no wrong and is all things to all people and always comes up with their own original ideas and never slaughters anyone else's or anything...not that I'm bitter or anything cause' I got sucked in and lost 7 years of my life to them or anything like that....

Niki said...

manta- thanks; i like to read...
Douglas- wow, baby... mayhaps you should speak to someone about your thinly veiled rage; a phamacist, perhaps. ;-)

Douglas said...

me thinks I shall spend some time with www.gruntle.me
and all will be well........