Monday, January 31, 2011

worry gene

I come from a line of worriers.
When i was younger i worried a lot.
I mean, a LOT.
As i've gotten older, i've been able to manage and overcome my basic worrisome nature, but sometimes, sometimes it crops back up, sneaking concerns into the nooks and crannies of my brain. This week's quote from Eragon by Christopher Paolini -
"But you shouldn't fret about what has yet to occur. The only way the future can harm us is by causing worry."
speaks to my inner fretter. I like that when it says that the future itself is harmless it implies that we are the ones who hurt ourselves with concern. Don't worry about tomorrow until it is today cause today is tough enough.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A bit ironic that you posted that today... Mom did not get her next chemo treatment due to low white blood cell counts and she's SUPER DUPER WORRIED...Me too a bit, however until the doctor says, "there's no more that we can do..." then I'm not worrying too much!

Kaaren said...

I, too, am a worrier. I hate it. It's the reason I have gotten approx. 3-4 complete nights of sleep in 7 years.