Tuesday, August 23, 2011

...the heart finds its morning and is refreshed

Perhaps you saw yesterday that my big brother came to visit me yesterday; here's the same goobers from a different camera:

Spending the day sharing my life with my brother, introducing him to the chaos that is museum education my heart was filled with joy and it got me thinking. I have been so focused, so on-track with work and lists and goals and staying healthy that i have let my personal interactions drift in the last month. I met some new people recently and fTM Matt has finally arrived on the East Coast with his lovely wife Sara so i need to make time to be more available in person, not just electronically.
This week's quote from Kahlil Gibran is to remind me to be more thoughtful in my relationships:
In the sweetness of your friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasure. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed. 

No comments: