Thursday, January 14, 2010

Feast or Famine

I like to utilize all of my resources, which is why, on Sunday morning, my refrigerator looked like this. I was looking to make some breakfast and was taken aback. I don't think i realized things had gotten so lean in ye old ice box. Let's see here... one serving of beans and rice that i had taken out of the freezer on Wednesday to thaw for dinner, but never got around to eating. I'm thinking it's defrosted, but doesn't really scream Breakfast to me. (and what's with that one lone tea bag? i don't even keep tea refrigerated - where did it come from?) Then we have several honeybell tangelos left over from the box shipped from Florida (Christmas present from my dad) nestled next to the jar of Chinese take-out condiments that i can never bring myself to throw away. Next - yes, that is a gallon on cocktail sauce; no, i don't actually like shrimp. Well, that tour was just pathetic. I think i had an english muffin with Papa John's garlic butter on it for breakfast and went shopping. If i do grocery shopping I believe in seriously doing shopping. That's more like it.

5 comments:

Rea said...

OK, I'll bite...why a gallon of shrimp sauce if you don't like shrimp??

Niki said...

Last year i took shrimp cocktail to a Super Bowl party and it was cheaper and easier to buy a vat of cocktail sauce at Sam's than make it myself.
(guess what i'm gonna volunteer to bring again this year)

Besides, i am trying to like shrimp. I figure if i could teach myself to eat broccoli certainly i can teach myself to eat shrimp.

Kaaren said...

Doesn't it have an expiration date?

Niki said...

I think condiments last forever;
I have some Hoisen Sauce from 2001 that tastes just fine.

Stephanie said...

I'm not ashamed to admit that I dream of my frig looking like your "before". My frig is always packed with 26 flavors of yogurt, eight kinds of cheese, three nights of leftovers, four different kinds of juices...and don't even get me started on the condiments. ;-)