Friday, January 8, 2010

sack o' joy

I am ambivalent about living alone. I really like having my own space and sanctuary. I like always having control of the remote and choosing what movie or music is on at any given moment. I like wandering about in whatever mode of dress i deem appropriate. However, i am a social creature and the solitude can become bothersome; there is a delicate balance between alone and lonely. What i dislike the most about living alone is coming home to an empty house at the end of a long work day. I think that is part of the reason that finding this when i open the front door to the house is so exciting. I always love presents, but the joy of seeing something waiting for me at the apartment door is a present in and of itself. It is a long distance hug, a vicarious welcome home from someone you love. This particular red package was waiting for me 2 nights ago. It came from Mel and Mike and when i cut it opened to peer inside all i could see was glittering joy. Oh yes. Apparently the local Chapel Hill JoAnn's was having a moving sale and I was the lucky recipient of some fabulous finds. Do my friends know what makes the sparkle ponies of the Nikiverse dance, or what? There are beads and bling, words and metal, plus purple glitter argyle paper What more could a girl need? Thanks to Mel and Mike -not only the presents themselves, but for making me smile after a particularly tough day.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You're welcome. :)