Wednesday, August 22, 2012

ravioli doesn't come in a can?

Last week fTM Miriam had me over for my favorite kind of dinner: interactive.
She showed me how to quick-stuff raviolis using wonton wrappers.
This might be old news to many of you, but it was a revelation of epic proportions to me.
I thought that to make ravioli my choices were pasta machine, frozen and Chef Boyardee.

Miriam had pre-made a ricotta-herb filling so all we needed were the wrappers, a spoon and some water.

It was as easy as wet the edges, add the filling, push out the air and seal it shut.

I just love dinners that you help make.


Miriam cooked the raviolis in batches for 3 to 4 minutes and then served them up in red sauce with sausage, garlic toast and sauteed swiss chard (my first time for that leafy veggie as well).
Not only was dinner delicious it was easy enough that i could do it in my itty bitty little kitchen!
Thanks, Miriam!








Speaking of delicious new meals, last week Jami and Will had a bunch of people over for ratatouille.
WOW! They served the traditional veggie stew untraditionally with couscous and goat cheese. There are no pictures because we consumed the tastiness like ravenous wolves. It was so, so, so, so, so so good. Thanks, Will and Jami!

Also, thanks to all of my former co-workers that have gone out of their way to stay in contact with me. Lunches, dinners, and emails, oh my!
 I feel so blessed to not be alone on this adventure.

1 comment:

Kaaren said...

Man. Now I'm hungry. *grumble grumble*