Thursday, August 9, 2012

the only wrong action is inaction

The hardest part of working at home for me has been scheduling.
I am a deadline person.
I am a girl who thrives under pressure.
I procrastinate. If there are 3 weeks to get something done I will think about it and plan for 2.5 weeks and get everything done in the last 3 days.
There are so many hours in each day now that i am not a job 7-11 hours each day.
Making myself get up in the morning when there is no meeting, no 500 children waiting for me is difficult.
There is so much freedom that it is kinda hard to pin myself down.
I want to do everything at once, so sometimes find myself doing nothing instead.
I never thought this would be easy, but i am surprised at just how hard it is to have the discipline for myself.
Which brings us to this week's quote from Norman Juster's infinitely quotable The Phantom Tollbooth:
"You'll find," he remarked gently, "that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly worth the effort."

No comments: