Saturday, May 9, 2009

May Flowers

April showers bring May flowers and in Maryland that means azaleas. These colorful bushes are everywhere in my neighborhood covering the landscape with red, white, pink and purple. I love azaleas. I love how they are covered with blossoms. I love that they come in so many colors. I love that they appear in different shapes and sizes. Most commonly you see them as a mid-sized bush though they can be small (foreground, red) or huge (background, white) Often they are trimmed round or line walkways. It is not uncommon to find multiple bushes have grown together, making a blanket of flowers or a front hedge. Sometimes the hedge in trimmed square even when there are different color bushes growing together. Across from my house there is an unusual shade of coral I get to passes sights like this on my way home every day. Dontcha love spring?

No comments: