Thursday, March 25, 2010

Camera query

Soooooooo, a lot of my detailed pictures with people in them have been coming out blurry lately. I thought maybe my focus was wacky, but i did a bunch of test shots and everything looks fine on the camera screen, but fuzzy once i transfer them to the computer. I think i heard once (you know how tech savvy i am) that if you delete your pictures over and over again that you can sort of wear out your memory card. I have the emptiest mem card of anyone i know; basically as soon as a picture is taken it is deleted or transferred within 3-4 days. I never have more than 100 pics on the card (though it can hold like 700 at the size i shoot at) or photos older than 2 weeks on the card. Can this fuzziness indicate that i need a new memory card? Anyone?

3 comments:

Scott Hamilton said...

Memory cards are digital, so the data will never degrade in the way you describe. Either you get a picture or you don't.

I'd guess you have a setting that's messed up on ghe camera. Is this a point and shoot?

Scott Hamilton said...

Looking at the picture, maybe you have macro stuck on.

Niki said...

I'll check the macro...