Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Too cute for poop

So we were doing a show at a private kindergarten. This place was adorable and obviously well funded. When i went to rinse out some glassware i was literally taken aback when i switched on the light in the bathroom. WOW! Check out the wrap-around farm scene. I especially enjoy the cow who is peaking at us from behind the vacuum cleaner. How can they expect 5 year olds to quickly and efficiently use the facilities without getting distracted? I am 38 and couldn't piddle without striking up a conversation with Mr Hey-Whatcha-Doing-There? Lamb and Betsy the Cow-Who-Needs-to-Gain-Some-Weight. The second bathroom was a little tiny bit less distracting cause it was just a garden by which I mean, a garden with anthropomorphic flowers. I never thought i'd hear myself say this, but i think there might be a "too cute" situation going on here. I love, loved the murals, but found myself talking to butterflies while washing dishes and spent a good five minutes trying to figure out what this bee is up to: Cause look at that expression - dude is up to no good, mark my words.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Where is that - cause I want to send Daisy there - pronto!

Niki said...

Annapolis.
Every room is an artistic marvel, the kids seemed happy, the teachers seemed enthusiastic and i'm sure it cost the same as state college.

Megan said...

I need a name sister - how am I to put my prodigy on the waitlist??

Niki said...

Megan - it's in your email.