Wednesday, November 30, 2011

the last day of Movember

Do we all know how much i hate facial hair?
I despise it.
There are some ethnicities and cultures where facial hair looks good on a man, but pretty much anyone with European genetic stock should just not bother, in my opinion, unless he is actually a Viking. And i really, really hate it when a guy tries to grow facial hair to look older cause you know what, you look like a young guy trying to look older - stop it.
Which is why it might shock some to know that i supported both male members of my team growing 'staches for Movember. If you haven't heard of it, in Movember, men grow mustaches to raise money and awareness for men's health issues, like prostate cancer. How can i not support prostate cancer awareness, even if it makes me cringe when i look at them?
However, i am very glad that tomorrow is shaving day because not only did my two do it, but two other members of the Education Department grew mustaches along with them. shudder
For more information, to make a donation or simply to laugh at them, you can find TM Chris' team under TSP and Friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Euro-facial hair inspired the album Pop!

-Frack

Anonymous said...

oh my! was that picture taken at the end of the month? poor fellas - my 17 year old did a No Shave November contest in his class and he had full beard/stache in 2 weeks....BUT I'm not really knocking these fellas!!!! (i just got a hairy man-kid) i whole-heartedly applaud everyone's efforts! Way to Support Men's Health Awareness!!!! ~ Sheryl

Niki said...

Frack- and you just made my case for me...

Douglas said...

*sigh* I suppose this means that we shall never be together....

Niki said...

yes douglas darling, it is your facial hair keeping us apart...