Tuesday, June 14, 2011

K.I.S.S.

I dream big.
I always have.
When i look at things, people, situations, opportunities, etc. i see the biggest, best, most sparkley version that it can possibly be.
It is a great attribute cause it allows me to find potential is just about anything or anyone. I am always pushing, pushing, pushing to find a way to be better.
When i was younger it could be a destructive impulse as i tried to achieve a level of perfection that is unattainable. With maturity came the understanding that excellence and perfection are very different creatures so now i can balance desire with reality.
Generally, on a day to day basis, i can set reasonable, attainable goals for myself without feeling like i compromise my dreams.
But sometimes, sometimes i slip and the vision overshadows possibility.
There are so many incredible opportunities right now at work and in the art community that recently i've felt myself overwhelmed to the point of inaction. You know when you have so many choices that you can't pick one? That's where i've been for the last week.
So this week's quote from Robert Rankin's the hollow chocolate bunnies of the apocalypse is a message to myself to Keep it Simple, Stupid:
"I told you before: when things are not as they appear to be, it's because they're actually simpler than you think them to be. Things are never as difficult and complicated as folks believe. You'd be surprised just how straight forward and obvious things really are. the secret is in knowing how to look at then the right way."

No comments: