Tuesday, June 28, 2011

truth is truth no matter where it is found

This week i am posting 2 quotes instead of one
Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.
-C.S. Lewis

Everyone can understand from natural experience and common sense that affection is crucial from the day of birth; it is the basis of life.
-Dalai Lama
Written 100 years apart by men of different faiths they both capture the same sentiment: that which makes life worth living is not tangible, but emotional. Though a backbone of my own philosophy, it is a truth that i've let slip from the forefront of my mind lately.
I've been working steadily on catching up the backlog of blog posts. Many of them involve people in my life for whom i have great affection, but i've been writing so quickly, trying to get them done that i haven't spent time thinking about what i'm writing; i've let the emotion take a back seat to the deadline.
The quote from the Dalai Lama was Twittered last week and it gave me pause for a moment, but it wasn't until i read the C.S. Lewis quote this morning that the message sank in. I need to take a breath and experience every facet of my life, not just cross things off of my Master To-Do List. I love that both of these quotes crossed my desk right when i needed them.

{psssssst: i love you guys; thanks for spending time with me here}

1 comment:

Samantha said...

To do lists rule my life!