Tuesday, July 2, 2013

my BFF gets me into the worst trouble

I don't know how it happened.
Rea and i were talking on the phone last night.
She was waiting at a medical clinic to get treated for the poison ivy she's had since the last week of April (shudder...yeesh...) and to kill time she was going through her huge 101 things to do in 1001days list.
There are 150 days left (well, 149 now, obviously) so we were making mini-goals and figuring out how to get as much completed as possible.
 I am going to have to blog every day in July, she mused.
I'll blog every day, too, to help keep you inspired.
Do you want to shake on it right now?, came out of my mouth.
Wha...?
Did i just say that?
Where did that come from?
Have i lost my freaking mind?
It was out there in the air before i even had a chance to think about it.
And we shook on it: me shaking her imaginary hand in the air and her apparently shaking like a wet puppy (one can only imagine what the other patients in the waiting room thought - fever dreams, maybe).
Sooooooooo, long story still long, i guess i am posting every day in July.
Good luck with that, Niki.
Be sure to check back daily to see how long i make it.
No, i am not offended if you start an office pool on it; put me down for $10 on any random day in the third week.
Check out Rea's blog during this next month, please, and leave her a little love and encouragement.
Niki and Rickki at Cackleberry Hollow, with Bess; May 2013

4 comments:

Erin said...

And you have no excuse for a whole week with free wi-fi ;)

Rea said...

>>I<< get YOU in trouble???

Really? Really! I don't think so!

Niki said...

ummmmm... yes?
What exactly are you trying to imply my dear?

Niki said...

ummmmm... yes?
What exactly are you trying to imply my dear?